Video PlayerClose HONG KONG, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Hong Kong on Saturday reported the highest number of daily new cases of COVID-19 in about three months, with the authorities toughening up measures to fend off a new wave of the coronavirus outbreak. The Center for Health Protection (CHP) said there were seven new imported cases and 36 local infections detected on Saturday, including 13 with unknown origins. Meanwhile, over 60 people tested positive for COVID-19 primarily. Head of the CHP’s Communicable Disease Branch Chuang Shuk-kwan said the new cases have been rising rapidly in recent days, and warned of a fourth wave of the epidemic outbreak. In the face of the resurgence of COVID-19 cases, the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) has tightened social distancing measures including banning live performance in bars and nightclubs and suspending in-person learning for grade 1-3 primary school students. To reduce imported cases, the government also raised the threshold for the crew members of flights to obtain exemption of quarantine. Among the new requirements starting Sunday is that they must have a negative testing result within 48 hours and take another test after arriving in Hong Kong. Data showed crew members… Read full this story
- Hong Kong - The New Screen Content Hub During a Hubbub
- Hong Kong protesters trample and burn jersey of NBA star LeBron James
- Hong Kong's Swankiest Restaurants - A Dining Experience of a Lifetime!
- Protests Are Coming To BlizzCon In The Wake Of Blizzard's Hong Kong Fiasco
- Hong Kong Population Reaches the 7 Million Mark
- Flat Rate Tax - Lessons From Hong Kong
- Apple Removes Hong Kong Protest App – Again
- House approves bills supporting pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hotels - The Luxury Hotels of Asia's World City
- Hong Kong's Best Restaurants - Asia's World City's Top 10
1st LD Writethru: Hong Kong's daily COVID-19 infections hit 3-month high have 301 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.