Kindly Share This Story:France declared a record 10,561 new coronavirus infections within 24 hours as of 2 pm (1200 GMT) on Saturday, national public health authority Sante Publique France said. The figure comes a day after Prime Minister Jean Castex warned that the situation was deteriorating and appealed to citizens to strictly observe hygiene, distancing and mask rules. France has seen infections rise sharply in recent weeks after they remained at a low level through much of the summer in the wake of a strict 55-day lockdown that ran from March 17 to May 11. READ ALSO: Stakeholders call for measures against post-COVID-19 suicide It was one of the European countries worst hit by the epidemic, with a total death toll of 30,910 as of Saturday. Castex has also given local administrators in Marseille and Bordeaux, as well as the Caribbean territory of Guadeloupe until Monday to come up with new measures to stall the spread of the virus locally. DPA Vanguard News Nigeria Kindly Share This Story: Related
- Delhi records 3 new Omicron cases, tally at 549
- Mumbai Logs 6,032 New Covid Cases, Delhi Witnesses Slight Jump With 13,785 Fresh Infections
- India logs 2,85,914 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Bob Gibbs Introduces Bill Imposing Sanctions On Officials Who Don’t Report Stock Purchases In 24 Hours
- Coronavirus: Case rates in Essex
- No new omicron cases in Delhi; hospitalisations and deaths up
- Delhi records 18,286 new Covid-19 cases, 28 deaths; hospitalisation low, says health minister
- Michigan Reports 27,423 New COVID-19 Cases, 379 Deaths
- New York City schools will shorten isolation to 5 days for most students who test positive.
- Delhi records 7,498 new COVID-19 cases, positivity rate at 10.59 per cent
France records more than 10,500 new coronavirus cases in 24 hours have 258 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.