Almost no one is happy all the time, and unhappiness is a common experience for most people. But looking at anecdotal evidence, age seems to be a factor that has a strong effect on unhappiness. While most of us perceive young kids as rather happy, mid-adulthood seems to be an age that is particularly difficult, as suggested by the term “midlife crisis.” While the midlife crisis is an established phenomenon, more recently the term “quarter-life crisis” has been coined to describe an increase in unhappiness that some people experience in their 20s. However, whether these age-related increases in unhappiness are just individual reports or a general phenomenon that can be found in most people across different countries has been unclear so far. A new study, published in the Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization (Blanchflower, 2020), systematically investigated this question in a large sample of people. In the study, the author analyzed data from more than 14 million participants from over 40 different countries. Specifically, participants had answered questions regarding the following thematic groups related to unhappiness: 1. Mental Health (this category included questions about having many “not good” mental health days, suffering from depression, being worried, feeling sad, experiencing stress, being under strain,… Read full this story
- Why age shouldn’t be a barrier to meaningful sex
- Paulina Porizkova posts makeup-free pic, says she feels 'insecure': 'Trying to come to terms with my aging'
- Cricket's age of Dadaism
- How the Assassination of James A. Garfield Haunts VA Reform
- News updates from Hindustan Times: ED attaches assets worth Rs 385 crore from AugustaWestland scam accused Rajiv Saxena and all the latest news
- Disability laws finally gave them an education. School-from-home threatens to make that impossible
- The 60 best movies on Netflix to watch now
- Nine things we’ve learned about rings, hobbits and Peter Jackson’s epic saga
- The 100 greatest UK No 1s: 100-1
- Helen Hunt, 56, of Mad About You fame flaunts her toned figure in a teeny bikini after a Boogie Board session in Malibu... after saying she does not diet
At What Age Are We Most Unhappy? have 340 words, post on www.psychologytoday.com at September 15, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.