The Vietnamese stock market was hit strongly in Monday morning’s trade as financial stocks, especially insurers, suffered from profit-taking pressure. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange dipped 1.34 per cent to close at 961.09 points. The VN-Index fell total 0.56 per cent last week. More than 86.7 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.4 million). Market trading condition was negative with 234 declining stocks versus 55 gainers. Financial and banking firms were the major factor that pulled the market down. Insurance companies were the worst-performing stocks as Bao Viet Holdings (BVH) lost 5.3 per cent, sending the sector index down 4.5 per cent, data on vietstock.vn showed. Securities firms and banks contributed to dragging the two sector indices down 2.3 per cent and 0.9 per cent, respectively. Other industries that also saw shares declined strongly included petroleum, food and beverage, retail, plastics and chemicals. Large-cap stocks in the VN30 basket also underperformed, pulling the large-cap index down 1.50 per cent to 882.00 points. Twenty-seven of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisaton in the VN30 basket declined while only one advanced. On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index fell 1.09… Read full this story
- Market Movers: Banks, financials rally; 400 stocks hit upper circuits
- 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock Debuts As Bit Of Demon, Lot Of Redeye
- Warner Music Group Sets IPO Price for Biggest U.S. Stock Launch of 2020
- Why American steel stocks plummeted in the past year, despite tariffs
- VN stocks advance as securities, banking and aviation industries rise
- Big Bull in Bear Hug! Jhunjhunwala stocks hit hard in Stock Market crash
- Spotlight: Hit hard in pandemic, service industries in Asia-Pacific countries explore new models for survival under "new normal"
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone cheating once again in the spotlight as fresh banwave hits hard
- New Orleans Pelicans Say 3 Players Have Covid, Nuggets Hit Hard Too
- Feature: U.S. Colorado breweries hit hard by COVID-19
VN stocks plummet, insurance stocks hit hard have 323 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.