FILE PHOTO: A worker at perforating company Bion uses a machine at the factory in Reading, Britain September 22, 2016. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls/Files LONDON (Reuters) – British manufacturing output grew at its fastest pace in nearly three years in July as factories reopened and demand began to pick up after the coronavirus lockdown was eased, a closely watched business survey showed on Monday. The IHS Markit/CIPS manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) rose to 53.3 in July from June’s 50.1, broadly in line with an earlier flash estimate of 53.6 and the highest since March 2019. The PMI’s output component – which survey compilers IHS Markit say currently gives a clearer sense of the sector’s health – rose to its highest since November 2017 at 59.3. Orders grew for the first time in five months and optimism rose by the most in two years. However, the index levels represent the pace of growth rather than the amount of output, and the sector has a long way to get back to where it was before the lockdown. “Despite the solid start to the recovery, the road left to travel remains long and precarious. An extended period of growth is still needed to fully… Read full this story
- Factory output up in September
- TRUMP BUMP: Blue-Collar Worker’s Job Growth Increasing at Fastest Rate Since 1984
- Deposits at Colorado Springs banks and credit unions grow at fastest rate since 2012
- Minor political parties growing fastest in NJ as registrations rise
- China factory growth weakest in over two years, slump in export orders deepens
- US economy grows faster than expected
- U.S. factory goods orders rise at healthy pace in August
- U.S. adds robust 250,000 jobs; pay growth fastest since 2009You may also be interested in...
- Economy growing despite rising oil prices, experts say
- Economy keeps growing even though oil prices are rising
UK factory output grows at fastest rate since 2017: PMI have 295 words, post on www.reuters.com at August 3, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.