This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate 2 I had a stroke several years ago. I could talk and my brain was fine, but my right arm and leg were out of control. The U.S. had a stroke last month, when George Floyd died at the hands of a police officer, as three other officers looked on. My stroke required almost no rehab. America needs lots of it, and Generation Z might be our therapist. We keep having stroke after stroke after stroke, and this one was so egregious that something might actually get done. The first step is to avoid the state of denial I was in: My brain wasn't fine. The flailing arm and leg were symptoms, just like the distrust (or hatred) between police and Black people. All the rehab in the world won't do much good if our brain keeps getting blood clots. That's where Gen Z comes in. "Gen Z is the most diverse generation ever to live in this country," said Hana Ben-Shabat, founder of Gen Z Planet, a research firm focused on young people. "Acceptance, tolerance and social justice are their core values. Not reacting to the recent events… Read full this story
- LIVE UPDATES: Protests continue across America in wake of George Floyd death
- Dolphins coach Brian Flores releases message after George Floyd death, protests
- George Floyd death: Thousands join London protest
- George Floyd death: Thousands join Birmingham protest
- Odell Beckham Jr. says 'violence is not the answer' amid George Floyd death, riots
- George Floyd death: Why do some protests turn violent?
- National Guard activated in nearly a dozen states amid unrest over George Floyd death
- George Floyd death 100 days on: Paul Elliott says sport is aligned in fight against racism
- ‘It just hurts’: Thousands mourn George Floyd in Texas amid calls for reform
- He’s Marching for George Floyd—and Mourning a ‘Good Cop’ Uncle Slain by a Looter
In aftermath of George Floyd’s death, maybe Generation Z can help us heal have 324 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at July 24, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.