Academic Nancy Goroff won the Democratic primary in New York’s 1st District and will challenge Rep. Lee ZeldinLee ZeldinDemocrat Nancy Goroff wins NY primary to challenge Lee Zeldin Congress pulls punches on Russian bounties firestorm US lawmakers call on EU to label entire Hezbollah a terrorist organization MORE (R) in November.Goroff, the former chair of the chemistry department at Stony Brook University, was declared the winner Wednesday by The Associated Press as she led a four-candidate field with 36.1 percent of the vote.The primary took place on June 23 but a surge in mailed-in ballots has delayed the results.Goroff will face Zeldin in November, who’s currently on his third term. The Cook Political Report rates the race as “likely Republican.”– Updated on July 15 Tags Lee Zeldin New York
- The Latest: Sen. Murante wins GOP primary for treasurer
- Mitt Romney Wins GOP Primary in Utah Senate Race
- DeGette, Crow, Neguse win congressional primaries in Colorado
- Ann Coulter suggests GOP primary challenger to Trump
- Allies of 'the squad' brace for potential primary challenges
- Nixon, Cuomo to face off in debate as NY primary draws near
- Blue State Blues: Nancy Pelosi Must Rescind Ilhan Omar’s Foreign Affairs Post
- House Democrats to hold leadership elections in December
- 2020 Democratic Primary 'Really Starting to Heat Up'
- California Democrats endorse de León for US Senate race, snubbing Feinstein
Democrat Nancy Goroff wins NY primary to challenge Lee Zeldin have 219 words, post on thehill.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.