Bengaluru, July 25: Maverick Vinales and team-mate Valentino Rossi made it a Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP 1-2 in the free practice session of the Andalucia Grand Prix, holding back an incredible charge from Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Brad Binder as the rookie completed the top three in another impressive showing at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto. Once again it was FP1 laps that decided the combined timesheets for many in the field, and a good few familiar faces need to move forward in FP3 to make it to Q2. With the weather as scorching as ever in southern Spain and looking unlikely to change overnight, however, there is plenty time for the field to fight back to get into Q2, including Spanish GP winner Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) as the Frenchman ended the day outside the top ten once again – just as he did a week ago. The field heads out for FP3 at 9:55 am local time (1.25pm) on Saturday before qualifying to decide the grid for the Andalucia GP begins from 2.10pm local time (5.40pm IST). The race proper will be held on Sunday at 2pm local time (5.30pm IST). Cat and mouse game It… Read full this story
- Yamaha “confident” in MotoGP engine reliability for 2021
- Podcast: MotoGP’s title battle remains wide open
- Yamaha silences Vinales over Forcada controversy
- How Yamaha disarray shows MotoGP rider power
- MotoGP team boss Gresini hospitalised with COVID-19
- Pedrosa set to reveal MotoGP future in Germany
- Insight: How Ducati leads the way in MotoGP development race
- Fausto Gresini regains consciousness in COVID-19 battle
- Podcast: All the Catalan GP talking points reviewed
- Gresini boss in medically-induced coma, but condition "improving"
Andalucia MotoGP: Vinales and Rossi quell KTM challenge have 271 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 25, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.