The following is a transcript of a conversation with Antony Blinken, former United States Deputy Secretary of State, former Deputy National Security Advisor and currently foreign policy adviser for former Vice President Joe Biden’s presidential campaign. The conversation, in partnership with Meridian International, aired Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Highlights: On the race to a COVID vaccine: “There are strong incentives for countries to figure out who the most vulnerable populations are, how we can deal with them, how we can help treat them. I also think that a multiplicity of efforts at a vaccine is probably a good thing because whoever is quote unquote first may not be so fast in producing whatever they develop and then distributing whatever they develop. And I think a lot of hopefully multiple things will come on line. More or less in the same time period. And that’s going to be very valuable, everyone. But it really does require some international thinking and cooperation and coordination to figure out the most effective way to maximize our ability to get people vaccinated when the vaccine is there, to get things manufactured, to get things distributed.” On “failure” in Syria: “The last administration has to acknowledge… Read full this story
- John Kerry endorses Joe Biden saying he will 'put back the world Donald Trump has smashed apart,' and will hit the trail in Iowa for Obama's VP
- No hard feelings! Joe Biden says he would consider Kamala Harris for his running mate if he gets 2020 nomination and predicts she can STILL be president herself
- 'The Democrats are lucky that they don't have any Mitt Romney types' Trump insists as TWO Republican lawmakers join Romney in condemning the president for urging China to investigate Joe Biden
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump grapples with Syria fallout
- Transcript: Admiral James Stavridis talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- 2020 candidates push back on Castro for questioning Biden's memory
- Trump calls Democrats impeachment push 'unpatriotic'
- Republicans storm closed-door hearing to protest impeachment inquiry
- Trump’s Other Lawyer
- Democrats' impeachment spectacle returns to Capitol Hill
Transcript: Joe Biden foreign policy adviser Antony Blinken on COVID shortfalls, failures in Syria have 337 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.