Image zoom Alex Wong/Getty; Derek White/Shutterstock; Ethan Miller/Getty; Alexander Tamargo/Getty; Dave Benett/Getty; Scott Eisen/Getty More than a year since most candidates announced their campaigns for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, the historically large field of candidates has essentially narrowed to six leading candidates. After state primary voting began in dramatic fashion when voting results from the Iowa caucus were fumbled, Sen. Bernie Sanders appears to be the leading vote-getter after a tight race in New Hampshire a week later. However, in terms of the actual delegates that will determine the nominee, former Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg is slightly ahead — for now. The Democratic race has continued to contract, with candidates like entrepreneur Andrew Yang and former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick dropping out soon after their rocky results in early voting. The six leading candidates all appeared on stage at Wednesday’s debate in Las Vegas, ahead of the Nevada caucus. Mike Bloomberg, who announced his late presidential bid in November, and Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who many didn’t see as a top contender until a surprise February surge in New Hampshire, made their way into the mix. Ahead of next summer’s Democratic National Convention in Wisconsin, all of them are vying… Read full this story
- What exactly is single-payer health care?
- Readers Write: Democratic socialism vs. communism, Trump's Minneapolis rally, Syria policy, impeachment, the Twins
- With love, Cory Booker. Inside one long-shot bid for the White House.
- How do you solve a problem like Hillary?
- What a Trump vs. Warren race would look like
- Republicans Stand by Trump Because They Like What He Does
- Five things you only know about the US midterms if you’re a Brit living in New York
- Ukraine dishonesty blitz: Trump made 66 false claims last week
- Trump's Ukraine dishonesty blitz: The most egregious, revealing, and absurd claims
- Trump is Republicans’ man, ride or die
The Top 6 Democratic 2020 Candidates You Actually Need to Care About — Right Now have 311 words, post on people.com at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.