THERE was a time not so long ago when the sound of a helicopter hovering over Cobham would have them running for cover quicker than the Vietcong in Apocalypse Now. In the days when Roman Abramovich was still a hands-on owner, his flying visits to Chelsea’s training ground usually meant bad news for the manager. But Roman has put his chopper away since being kicked out of the UK a couple of years ago. That’s probably blessed relief for Frank Lampard, given his team’s current struggles. Six months into the job and Lampard is already starting to feel the heat. Given his inside knowledge garnered during 13 years as the finest player in the club’s history, he knows better than anyone when the mood is turning.Only mayflies and lemmings have shorter lifespans than Chelsea managers, who seem to inevitably fall foul of the most Machiavellian dressing room in football. So Lampard probably won’t be surprised by the recent rumblings of discontent surrounding his treatment of certain disaffected players. And he certainly won’t be under any illusions about his long-term prospects if he does not get to grips with the malcontents. So the very last thing he needs right now is… Read full this story
- Tottenham have managerial wildcard to consider with Jose Mourinho under sack pressure
- Frank Lampard Warns Tammy Abraham After Chelsea Crush Crystal Palace | Football News
- Jamie Redknapp: I thought Frank Lampard would be different at Chelsea - but he'll bounce back
- Chelsea star Tammy Abraham explains how Frank Lampard chat left him eager to end 'curse'
- Jose Mourinho has private Tammy Abraham theory as Roma seek to beat Arsenal to transfer
- Danny Mills tells Arsenal to beat Jose Mourinho to signing of unwanted Chelsea star
- Chelsea stance on Rafa Benitez appointment 'explained' as Frank Lampard plans for Luton
- Frank Lampard delivers Man Utd and Liverpool verdicts for 2021/22 Premier League title
- Frank Lampard’s former Chelsea assistant Jody Morris sends message to Tammy Abraham over Roma transfer
- Jose Mourinho's Chelsea transfer ultimatum may play straight into Arsenal's hands
Last thing Frank Lampard needs now is ‘Judas’ Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea return as pressure starts to mount have 337 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.