Wilco’s label dBpm Records have announced a Daniel Johnston vinyl-only live album titled Chicago 2017, out January 31st. The songs were culled from a performance on Johnston’s final tour, at Chicago’s Vic Theater on October 20th, 2017, backed by Tweedy: Jeff Tweedy and his son Spencer, Darin Gray, James Elkington and Liam Kazar. Also included on the LP is a session from the Loft, Wilco’s studio, that the cult artist — who died in September — recorded with the band. Paired with the announcement is the release of a live version of “Worried Shoes,” one of Johnston’s most beloved songs that first appeared on the 1983 cassette Yip/Jump Music. “I took my lucky break and I broke it in two,” he sings. “Put on my worried shoes.” Chicago 2017 will be limited to 2,000 copies, pressed on black, blue and white splattered vinyl. The proceeds for the vinyl-only release will benefit the Hi, How Are You Project, a non-profit organization that encourages conversations about mental health issues while removing the stigma around it. On January 22nd, the non-profit will host its third annual day concert at the Moody Theater in Austin, Texas, featuring Cage the Elephant, White Denim and others…. Read full this story
- Strictly Come Dancing star Louise Redknapp prepares for her pop comeback — and announces her first live show in 15 years
- Imogen Thomas shares worrying post about daughter Ariana: 'Wish I could take the pain away'
- Rangers v St Johnstone: Live stream, TV channel, kick off time and team news for Scottish Premiership clash
- Rangers vs St Johnstone: Live stream, TV channel, team news and kick-off time for the Scottish Premiership game
- Rangers vs St Johnstone LIVE SCORE: Latest updates from Premier League clash
- Rangers vs St Johnstone LIVE SCORE: Latest updates from the Scottish Premiership clash
- BBC Radio presenter Andy Potter dead just one month after announcing terminal illness live on air
- Sudbury rockers Trespass sign to new label nearly 40 years after first single was released
- Belly return with Yorkshire gigs and first album in 23 years
- Happily married couple reveal that they’ve NEVER lived together…despite sharing a child and meeting 16 YEARS AGO
Wilco’s Label Announces Daniel Johnston Live Album, Shares ‘Worried Shoes’ have 359 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.