MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte’s campaign against illegal drugs has failed to substantially eradicate the menace and ensnare major drug lords and should be reformed to prevent further bloodshed, the country’s vice president said Monday. Vice President Leni Robredo, who leads the opposition, also called for a stop to the dreaded police practice of home inspections that have led only to the killings of petty drug suspects. It’s the latest criticism of Duterte’s notorious crackdown by the vice president and is likely to deepen the political divide between the two leaders. Presidents and vice presidents are elected separately in the Philippines, resulting in candidates from rival parties like Duterte and Robredo ending up in the country’s top leadership and often colliding on policies. Robredo said only about 1% of the estimated supply of methamphetamine, a powerful banned stimulant locally known as shabu, has been seized in the last three years, since the crackdown was launched by Duterte when he took office in mid-2016. “Very clearly, based on official data, despite the killings of Filipinos and all the money spent, the amount of shabu and drug money we’ve seized has not gone beyond 1% of those in circulation,”… Read full this story
- How Nancy Reagan’s ‘just say no’ anti-drug campaign became her legacy—in 4 TV spots
- Trump Laughs Right Along as Philippines President Duterte Calls Reporters 'Spies'
- Trump Congratulated Philippines President Duterte On Murderous Drug War That's Left Thousands Dead
- Philippine President Insults Obama
- President Trump Highlights Failures of Chicago’s Top Cop, Gun Control
- Why Won’t Y’all’s Punk-Ass President Stop Campaigning? Have We Not Suffered Enough?
- A Case Study of SEM Campaign Failure and Client Refunds
- Former DEA Agents Say Trump’s Drug-Czar Pick Helped to Fuel the US Opioid Epidemic
- Lady Gaga says Vice President Mike Pence is a disgrace to Christianity
- SpatialOS VP Says Platform Can Support 20K Concurrent Players In A Seamless World
VP says Philippine president’s drug campaign is a failure have 330 words, post on apnews.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.