(Reuters) – Despite trade wars, low interest rates and new geopolitical tensions, big U.S. banks have not experienced major disruption to their core businesses and top executives are hopeful they can generate growth this year. FILE PHOTO: A sign outside the headquarters of JP Morgan Chase & Co in New York, September 19, 2013. JPMorgan Chase & Co will pay $920 million in penalties in two countries to settle some of its potential liabilities from its “London Whale” derivatives trading losses last year, according to terms made public by regulators on Thursday. REUTERS/Mike Segar On Tuesday, three of the largest U.S. lenders reported results, with JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) hitting new profit records, Citigroup Inc (C.N) noting 16 consecutive quarters of loan and deposit growth, and Wells Fargo & Co (WFC.N) adding new checking-account customers despite fallout from an embarrassing sales scandal. JPMorgan and Citi beat Wall Street expectations, thanks partly to big gains in bond-trading revenue. Wells Fargo missed due to bloated expenses, though analysts said its underlying businesses were performing relatively well. “Heading into this year, looks like corporate, investment banking and consumer are the strengths,” said RBC Capital Markets analyst Gerard Cassidy. “And, on top of… Read full this story
- To Prepare for a Natural Disaster, Call Your Bank
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: What the Dem frontrunners must do Tuesday
- Inside Deutsche Bank’s brazen scheme to woo China: Gifts, Golf and a $4,254 Wine
- Yes Bank appoints new COO, head for marketing
- Airtel Bank, ICICI Prudential tie up to offer insurance
- Banks start linking loans to customers’ risk profile
- It's a Great Time to Start a Bank
- Portals seeking views on merger to be rolled out: Indian Bank
- Offshore Banking - Extra Services Private Banks Offer That You Never Knew Existed!
- Will Amazon, Walmart help save Indian banks
U.S. bank executives offer cautious optimism heading into 2020 have 295 words, post on www.reuters.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.