More than 20,000 people converged in the streets of Richmond, Virginia, on Monday to protest their right to bear arms in the face of swingeing state gun control laws set to be enacted later this year. They started arriving before dawn – army veterans, stay-at-home-moms, attorneys, welders, democrats, republicans – united under banners defending the second amendment and, they believe, a constitution under attack. And many of them came with their guns: AR-15s, long-guns and handguns. Governor Ralph Northam had issued a ban on a list of weapons including guns on Capitol Grounds but though the official rally was confined to a steel pen in the grounds sloping up to Virginia State Capitol, there were more people outside that perimeter and outside the scope of the ban. Security was tight and visible – hundreds of cops on the streets and in the grounds, screening lanes at the only entrance to the park, the rest of which had been fenced off. Officials say 7,000 actually entered the rally site and another 15,000 remained in the streets. On Monday morning, President Trump fanned the flames of the already simmering tensions by tweeting: ‘The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are… Read full this story
- NRA calls for armed school guards as U.S. mourns massacre
- New York enacts gun-control law, first since Newtown attack
- Gunfire heard as police use tear gas, smoke canisters to disperse Missouri city protesters
- Guns, God and grievances - Belgium's Islamist 'airbase'
- Ukraine mobilises for war, calls up reserves
- Egypt military offers handover of power
- Historical documents on Vietnam’s sovereignty over Paracel and Spratly islands
- Viet Nam's Sovereignty
- Curfew re-imposed in Missouri city where black teen shot by police
Thousands of heavily armed protesters in bullet proof vests chant 'we will not comply' in gun rights rally against Virginia's Democrat governor's proposed clampdown on firearms - which at least two local sheriffs says they WON'T enforce have 272 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 20, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.