The health insurance industry is donating big to Democrats even amid criticism of the industry and growing calls for “Medicare for All” from the progressive wing of the party.Four big insurance companies — Blue Cross Blue Shield, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health and Cigna — and their employees have given about $4.5 million collectively in campaign contributions in the 2020 cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Just more than half — about $2.3 million — of that has gone to Democrats, including to some of the party’s top-tier presidential contenders. The Center for Responsive Politics totals are based on Federal Election Commission data through the third quarter of 2019 and include money from the companies and their PACs, owners and employees and their immediate families. These companies and employees have been giving big, on both sides, in recent cycles.ADVERTISEMENTHistorically the industry has given to both sides of the aisle, but the contributions to Democrats are a troubling issue for some progressives and health advocates, who want the party to do more to rein in private insurers and reform the health care market. They worry the contributions will make it harder for Democrats to take a tougher line on insurers… Read full this story
- Red Flag Laws Won't End Gun Violence
- Ontario Premier’s office ignored red flags over ORNGE raised one year ago
- Crowdfunding raises millions for quack cancer remedies, like coffee enemas
- People dying fatter and older is 'reducing the numbers of useable donated organs' as NHS reveals one in SIX body parts now get rejected by doctors
- Apple and Aetna are giving away "free" Apple Watches if you sign up for a 24-month health goals program
- Global insurance plan aims to defuse potential climate damage 'bombshell'
- Scientists Study Health Benefits of Artificial Gravity
- Cogito spins out CompanionMx to bring emotion-tracking to health care providers
- How Kara Eastman and Sharice Davids Could Win in Red States
- Tips For Playing Red Dead Redemption 2
Progressives raise red flags over health insurer donations have 310 words, post on thehill.com at January 16, 2020. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.