During its Annual General Meeting here, the IOA, on the advice of Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), also decided to submit a formal proposal to host a Commonwealth Shooting Championships before the main Games, an idea mooted by both the national and international shooting bodies to make up for the sport’s exclusion from 2022 CWG. “In the AGM, we have taken back the decision to withdraw from the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. Our country’s contingent will go for the 2022 CWG,” IOA secretary general Rajeev Mehta told a press conference after the AGM. CGF President Dame Louise Martin welcomed India confirming participation at the Birmingham Games. “The CGF and the entire Commonwealth Sports Movement are delighted India has confirmed their intent to participate at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games during their Annual General Meeting in New Delhi,” Louise Martin said in a press release. In New Delhi, with IOA chief Narinder Batra by his side, Mehta said, “We are also bidding for either the 2026 or 2026 Commonwealth Games. The House passed a resolution on this bid. The country’s apex body for Olympic sports will next approach the government for the necessary clearances to host the multi-sport event. The country… Read full this story
- More ads, $8/month blue ticks and an edit button: What Elon Musk's Twitter could look like as he makes his mark as 'Chief Twit'
- US midterms 2022: Key candidates to watch who could sway the balance of power
- ‘Tech, BT, electronics sector in Beyond Bengaluru to peg $10 billion with 10 lakh jobs by 2030’
- 30 best beauty gift sets for her this Christmas 2022: From Glossier to Elemis, MAC & MORE
- Autumn Statement 2022 predictions from state pension to income tax - how it affects you
- The best Android apps to download during October 2022 | Digital Trends
- Exclusive | New IT Rules Not Linked to Changes at Twitter; Big Tech Must Respect Rights of Our Digital Nagriks: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Behind The Scenes Of One Of The Most Sustainable And Exclusive Private Island Resort’s On Earth
- US Midterms 2022 results LIVE: Democrats seize key Senate seat in major blow for Trump
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on Oct. 30, 2022
IOA withdraws boycott calls for 2022 CWG over exclusion of shooting, to bid for either 2026 or 2030 edition have 343 words, post on www.mykhel.com at December 30, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.