The veteran newspaper diarist and gossip Kenneth Rose seemed to know everyone who mattered: royals, aristocrats, prime ministers and more. Yet many of his most sensational stories he kept for his private journals — now published in their second volume following his death in 2014. Here, he writes with unparalleled access and devastating insight as he watches the ingenue Diana Spencer join the Royal Family… In a series of private journals only released now, Kenneth Rose writes with unparalleled access and devastating insight as he watches the ingenue Diana Spencer join the Royal Family February 24, 1981 Watch the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer being interviewed on TV. There is something sad about a girl of 19 being led into royal captivity. July 16, 1981 Johnnie [Earl] Spencer [Diana’s father] tells me that he wanted to wear his Greys [cavalry regiment] uniform when Diana marries the Prince of Wales, but that Diana herself objected. She thought it would detract from her own appearance. This is most extraordinary, like something from King Lear. August 8, 1981 On the Royal Wedding, I hear that it was originally arranged that in the carriage procession from St Paul’s back to the Palace,… Read full this story
- The Queen thanks heroes who 'fought so valiantly' to bring WWII to an end on VJ Day 75th anniversary of as Boris Johnson, Charles and Camilla attend remembrance service at the National Memorial Arboretum
- Secrets of Charles's trysts at Love Triangle Manor: RICHARD KAY tells the story of medieval house where Prince courted Diana and saw Camilla while her husband was away - as it goes on sale for £3.75million
- Meghan Markle and Harry latest: Prince was smitten with Meghan before first date as pair buy luxurious $11m home
- 'I thought I was getting a motorbike, I got a three-tonne truck!' 99-year-old VJ Day veteran enjoys Zoom chat with Princess Anne - as the royal continues her 70th birthday celebrations at Gatcombe
- Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
The Queen’s secret Sandringham service laying Diana’s ghost to rest and Prince Philip's cruel jibe at Fergie over her affair: Society writer KENNETH ROSE reveals his secret diaries have 344 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.