Princess Haya has arrived at the High Court today where she is battling her estranged husband – the billionaire ruler of Dubai – over custody of their children and to prevent one being forced into an arranged marriage. The Jordan-born royal, 45, claims to have fled Dubai with their two children ‘in fear of her life’ after becoming estranged from Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today the estranged couple will battle at the High Court in London in a full family division hearing with the case expected to last until the end of the week – but the Sheik stayed away again. It is being heard by the president of the Family Division, Sir Andrew McFarlane, and is not related to any financial matters or a divorce, which could be worth up to £4.5billion. Sir Andrew has allowed the media to report that Princess Haya has applied for a non-molestation order – designed to help victims of domestic violence keep abusers away – and a forced marriage protection order in relation to the children. These can be made to protect a person from being forced into a marriage and could, for example, prevent someone being taken abroad for a wedding. The… Read full this story
- Russian billionaire oligarch's son lost more than £35m trading in shares while a student in London, High Court hears as his mother sues him in £453m divorce battle
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Supreme Court rejects bid by Trump allies to overturn election results
- 'Sociopathic show-pony' Amber Heard was arrested for domestic violence in 2009 after screaming row with girlfriend, Johnny Depp's PA reveals, as court hears she took photo of actor passed out covered in ice cream 'to show how pathetic he was'
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Arizona certifies President-elect Biden’s win — by nearly 10,500 votes — over Trump
- Meghan & Harry latest – The Crown ‘could DESTROY royals’ reputation forever unless Netflix admits it’s fiction’
- The best shows to binge-watch on Netflix right now
- Hungary PM Viktor Orban condemns MEP's 'unacceptable and indefensible deeds' after he was caught breaking lockdown rules at male orgy, as picture of sex party flat is revealed
- The 100 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
Princess Haya arrives at High Court for custody battle with billionaire Dubai ruler husband Sheik Al Maktoum over their children and to stop 'forced marriage' of one of them have 365 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.