There is a plot against our NHS. Boris Johnson is engaged in a cover-up of secret talks for a sell-out American trade deal that would drive up the cost of medicines and lead to runaway privatisation of our health service. US corporations want to force up the price we pay for drugs, which could drain £500m a week from the NHS. And they demand the green light for full access to Britain’s public health system for private profit. Our public services are not bargaining chips to be traded in secret deals. I pledge a Labour government will exclude the NHS, medicines and public services from any trade deals – and make that binding in law. Mega-corporations see Johnson’s toxic alliance with Donald Trump as a chance to make billions from sick people in Britain and around the world. His hard-right Brexit plans depend on a corporate-driven trade deal with America post-election. Claims that this is scaremongering simply ignore the facts. US and British government officials have met six times in secret and discussed the cost of medicines. British officials have even met US drugs firms directly. When campaigners forced the release of reports about the meetings, the government censored almost… Read full this story
- Mexico urges US to ratify trade deal after passing labor reform
- How a No Deal Brexit COULD happen this week
- Labour would ‘consider very, very strongly’ revoking Article 50
- Brexit raises stakes for Britain in aircraft trade war
- If MPs still block Brexit deal we’ll know they only want chaos, says ROSS CLARK
- Homeopathic medicine will be banned by the NHS
- May restarts Brexit talks with Labour after calls for 'compromise'
- Thursday's Best Deals: $40 Noise Canceling Headphones, Apple Watch Accessories, Sperry Sale, and More
- Yvette Cooper's bill to STOP no deal gets Royal Assent and becomes law
- UPDATE 8-U.S. widens trade war with tariffs on European planes, cheese, whisky to punish subsidies
Labour will exclude the NHS and medicines from trade deals with the US have 310 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.