DOWNING Street furiously accused Jeremy Corbyn for peddling a “flat out lie” tonight after he claimed a trade deal with the US could cost the NHS £500million a week. The Labour boss claimed a deal could lead to the price of drugs rocketing as he once again tried to use the NHS to hammer Boris Johnson. Delivering a rabble-rousing election speech in the swing Essex seat of Harlow, he said a trade deal with Donald Trump will cost the NHS billions. But in a humiliating blow to the wannabe PM, the academic whose figures he was using warned they were “crude” and could be wrong.Taking aim at the PM, Mr Corbyn ranted: “Three years on and Johnson is trying to hijack that hope for change and use it for his own very different ends. “He stood in front of a bus in 2016 and promised £350 million a week for the NHS. “Now we find out that £500 million a week could be taken out of the NHS and handed to big drugs companies under his plans for a sell-out trade deal with Donald Trump.” Labour has put out an attack ad putting a pictured of Boris Johnson and Jacob… Read full this story
- Julian Assange: Jeremy Corbyn demands UK blocks Wikileaks man's US extradition
- PM to downplay ties to Donald Trump amid claims of 'NHS sell-off'
- Government Wants to Use the Pandemic to Plant Microchips in People, Piers Corbyn Claims
- Is it finally working? UK announces its LOWEST number of coronavirus daily deaths since March 29 with 229 more fatalities - taking Britain's official count to 28,675 as the path towards claiming the worst rate in Europe slows
- Is the government preparing to ditch lockdown? Ministers are accused of watering down 'five tests' for easing curbs as wording of key slide subtly changes overnight
- UK ministers were 'fully aware' China had covered up the true scale of coronavirus but still waited months to impose lockdown, MI6 source claims
- Diary of an NHS doctor: We have hit the peak. But I can't shake the sense of dread that something else is coming
- Why can't we treat the NHS's forgotten patients? Thousands of operations are cancelled and heart, stroke and cancer victims miss vital treatment despite empty hospitals (and dancing nurses who find time to make viral videos)
- 'We should all be ashamed': NHS boss slams panic-buyers who have bought an extra £1bn of food in three weeks and demands they STOP clearing shelves and think of NHS workers unable to buy goods
- Fact check: New White House press secretary makes false claims in first briefing
Jeremy Corbyn accused of peddling a ‘flat out lie’ after claim a US deal could cost NHS £500m a week have 422 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 5, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.