Baghdad, Iraq (CNN)Senior members of ISIS are plotting mass prison breaks and a resurgence of terror after taking refuge in Turkey, according to the head of Iraqi Military Intelligence. Lt. Gen. Saad al-Allaq told CNN in an exclusive interview that Iraq had handed dossiers on nine alleged terror leaders to Turkey. The subjects included top financiers with access to “huge” amounts of money to fund operations around the world, he said. And recent communications from ISIS point to plans to try to break prisoners out of camps and jails across Syria and Iraq, al-Allaq said. Lt. Gen. Saad al-Allaq said ISIS leaders are planning jailbreaks to get manpower to relaunch the terror group. “Huge international efforts should be taken to deal with this issue because these criminals … are able to leave these camps and go back to their countries and thus they pose great danger in countries like Europe, Asia and northwest Africa,” al-Allaq said. US State Department warns ISIS grew and evolved worldwide as it lost territory in Syria There are an estimated 10,000 alleged ISIS fighters including many foreign nationals in custody under the Kurdish-dominated Syrian Democratic Forces in northern Syria. A nearby camp holds 70,000 women… Read full this story
- Row Over Book: Pakistan Bans Ex-Spy Chief From Traveling Abroad
- Pakistani Ex-Spy Chief Faces Inquiry Over Book With Indian Counterpart
- The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and The Illusion Of Peace (2018)
- The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and the Illusion of Peace
- 'Opposite Sides': Pakistan, India Ex-Spy Chiefs Lift Lid On Deadly Rivalry
- Kim Yong Chol: The former spy chief sent by North Korea for talks in the U.S.
- After Ballot Box Fire, Iraqi Cleric Sadr Warns Of Civil War
- GCHQ spy chief delivers coded slapdown to the EU in row over Brexit security
- Brussels ‘could risk Europe’s safety by refusing to strike a deal with UK on cyber-security after Brexit,’ ex-spy boss warns
- Cyber chiefs warn World Cup fans against security own-goal
Iraqi spy chief warns ISIS is rebuilding have 318 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.