BORIS Johnson launched his election campaign for the December 12 vote after meeting with the Queen today. But the PM suffered a massive blow on the first day of his election campaign after Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns quit over a row about a collapsed rape trial. Follow our live blog below for all the latest General Election 2019 news and Brexit updates. Guy Birchall52 seconds agoNovember 6, 2019ROAD TO TORY GLORY? Boris Johnson has officially launched the Tory campaign for victory in the election. The PM rallied the troops at the NEC in Birmingham as he got the grassroots going for the next six weeks. Invoking a revolutionary spirit at the end of his speech he told the assembled crowd: “I will see you at the barricades.” Guy Birchall13 minutes agoNovember 6, 2019WATSON, WATS-OFF Tom Watson is stepping down as an MP. The veteran Labour man and deputy leader announced his decision on Twitter. Watson had become a controversial figure in the party with factions loyal to Corbyn repeatedly trying to oust him. It seems they may have got their wish… After 35 years in full-time politics, I’ve decided to step down and will be campaigning to overcome the Tory-fuelled public… Read full this story
- New election threat to Boris Johnson: Extinction Rebellion campaign is 'trying to oust' PM in Uxbridge by mobilising HS2 opposition
- Friday evening news briefing: Nigel Farage issues election ultimatum to Boris Johnson as he targets 'Leave Alliance'
- Meet Britain's New Government: A Look Into Boris Johnson's Cabinet
- 'Give me an election!' Furious Boris Johnson demands voters get the final say on Brexit crisis after judges rule suspension of Parliament broke the law - but Jeremy Corbyn is set to block the country from going to the polls AGAIN
- David Gauke claims Boris Johnson WANTS to lose a crunch No Deal vote this week so the PM can launch a 'purge' of Tory Remainer rebels and turn the Conservatives into the Brexit Party ahead of a snap general election
- Boris Johnson quits as UK Foreign Secretary; Jeremy Hunt announced as replacement
- 'Do you want to leave the EU or not?' Boris Johnson demands Jeremy Corbyn stops 'dithering' on Brexit as Labour vows to negotiate ANOTHER deal with Brussels - but refuses to rule out campaigning AGAINST its own package in referendum
- Boris Johnson's allies plot to topple 'Brexit saboteur' John Bercow by running a Tory candidate against him at the next election amid fury at his 'blatant Remainer bias'
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Please, Mr Postman, call off this strike or Boris Johnson's dream of getting Brexit done by Christmas will be wrecked
- Boris Johnson BEGGED his brother not to quit: Emotional late-night phone call revealed as Jo Johnson deals the PM a body blow by walking out of Cabinet after 'Stalinist purge' of Remainer rebels
General Election news LIVE: Boris Johnson launches campaign as Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns quits have 457 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 6, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.