Nainital is located in the Kumaon foothills of the outer Himalayas about 285 km from Dehradun and 345 km from New Delhi. A picturesque hill town in the northern state of Uttarakhand, Nainital is set in a valley at an altitude of 6,358 feet above sea level. This beautiful town is surrounded by seven hills – Ayarpata, Devpata, Hanibani, China, Alma, Ladiya-Kanta and Sher-Ka-Danda. Popularly referred to as ‘Sapta-Shring, these majestic hills, the waters of the lake and areas natural beauty all add to the beauty of Nainital. From the highway that meets the main Mall at Tallital, there is a splendid view of the beautiful Naini Lake, that looks like it is nestling in a cocoon. Here one can see brightly coloured sails of yachts lined up on the calm waters of the lake. Holiday makers thronging the Mall, await their turn for boat rides. Needless to say boating is one of the favourite activities in Nainital, along with trekking in the densely forested mountains that surround the town. Mythology counts this hill station, named after the pear-shaped Naini Lake, among the 64 Shakti Peeths – religious sites where body parts of Hindu Goddess Parvati… Read full this story
- From ‘sarv dharam vatika’ to Jurassic garden, Uttarakhand’s Haldwani biodiversity garden boasts of an ecological mix
- Post-pandemic travel: Top 5 unexplored places to visit in Uttarakhand
- 4 houses collapse, one bridge damaged in overnight heavy rain in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh
- Local Holiday Plan: The Last Hope for India's $250 Billion Tourism Industry?
- Tucker Carlson: Biden's plan for America is a promise to utterly remake the country
- Why Boris’s back to work drive is doomed to failure: Half a million people a day used to commute into the City of London but now the Square Mile is a ghost town with top firms planning to bring back just 20% of their workers to the office
- Iconic Bougainvillea-Devdar tree ‘beautiful love affair’ duo collapses due to heavy rains
- Tourism shows signs of revival with increase in queries but most travellers are still cautious
- Best 10 UK staycations 2020 for a weekend getaway: Cornwall, Devon & more
- Pennsylvania Mansion Built for Joan Rivers Is This Week's Most Popular Home
Plan your next vacation to Uttarakhand’s picturesque hill town, Nainital have 348 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.