BENGALURU: Ola Foods, the ride hailing app’s food business, plans to scale up private brands across online marketplaces and physical outlets, starting with Khichdi Experiment, months after scaling down investments in its food delivery marketplace Foodpanda, a top executive told ET. “We have taken the shift from a food delivery company to a food-first company. The focus now is to create a portfolio of own brands, which we believe is a prominent opportunity, and a long term asset,” Pranay Jivrajka, CEO, Ola’s food business told ET. The move is in line with a shift in strategy to roll back investments in Foodpanda and become a largely cloud kitchen business that will incubate food brands. “There are 7-8 brand pilots going on in parallel, and we are experimenting with different physical retail models, including corporate kiosk, presence in malls, food trucks etc, as well as listing on Swiggy, Dunzo and Ola,” Jivrajka said. Ola Foods has opened its first physical store for Khichdi Experiment in Bengaluru. ET was the first to report this in May. The company plans to scale up these brands from the current six cities (including Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai) to emerging tier 2 cities in the next… Read full this story
- Ola and Microsoft to build new connected vehicle platform
- Bon appetit! On the eve of his latest TV series, celebrity chef RICK STEIN serves up a taste of where to find France's finest food on a gastronomic pilgrimage
- Kourtney Kardashian reveals EXACTLY what she eats in a day - as she takes up the keto diet for a second time, saying her 'body never looked better' than it did when she was on the low-carb plan
- Plan quickly if you want to see Vikings training camp
- Ohm My God! Mercedes-Benz Plans Electric AMG Models
- Karthik Shares His Saddle Sore Experience On RD350 & Duke 390
- Smart Mobility Tracking: Ford Experimenting With Big Data in a Big Brother Kind of Way
- Behind the scenes with Dale Earnhardt Jr. the businessman: Belt buckles, brands and big plans
- Mike Whan Admits Evian Missteps, but Has Big Plans
- Floyd. Matthew. Florence. How experience has helped ECU football prepare for hurricanes.
Ola Foods has Plans for its Khichdi Experiment have 352 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.