MUMBAI: The main runway of the Mumbai international airport will remain closed for eight hours everyday, except Sundays and select days, from November 4 to March 28, 2020 for carrying out re-carpeting work. The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) is the country’s second busiest aerodrome and has two runways. The aerodrome operator — GVK Mumbai International Airport Ltd (MIAL) — on Thursday said the runway ‘RWY 09/27’ would be open for operations on Sundays as well as on select days, including Christmas and New Year. The runway would also be open for operations throughout the day on January 15, February 19 and 21, March 10 and 25 on account of public holidays and festivals. In a release, MIAL said that due to prolonged monsoon in Mumbai, the runway re-carpeting work has been postponed. “As per the revised date, RWY 09/27 will not be available for aircraft operations from November 4, 2019 up to March 28, 2020, 6 days of the week, from Mondays to Saturdays between 09:30 hours IST to 17:30 hours IST, due to major rehabilitation and re-carpeting work. “However, during the closure of RWY 09/27, RWY 14/32 will be available for aircraft operations,” the release said. Earlier,… Read full this story
- DGCA to Issue Safety Directions Following Recent Incidents of Planes Overshooting Runway
- Gatwick Airport move to increase capacity 'underhand'
- 40 coronavirus deaths in US as Disney parks to close, March Madness canceled
- Airport Lounges: 7 Questions About Getting Back to Business
- 'We killed the target': Pentagon drone strike KILLS ISIS-K 'planner' two days after Kabul airport bombing that left 170 people dead
- Afghanistan: Evacuations continue after Kabul airport attack — as it happened
- Bigg Boss 7 Fame Ajaz Khan's Bail Application Rejected By Mumbai Court In Connection To Drugs Case
- Reusable rocket trial fires up at Pukaki Airport in the Mackenzie
- Taliban seize control of Kabul airport after US withdrawal — as it happened
- Unmanned test space flights utilise runway near Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
Mumbai airport main runway to be partially shut from Nov 4 to March 28 have 296 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 31, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.