The building of overpass and tunnels at the Mỹ Thuỷ intersection has led to easier traffic to and from Cát Lái Port in HCM City. VNA/VNS Photo Vũ Tiến Lực Nguyễn Ngọc Hoà, deputy director of the HCM City Department of Industry and Trade, talks with Sài Gòn Giải Phòng (Liberated Sài Gòn) newspaper about HCM City’s development plan for the logistics industry to 2025 with a vision to 2030, which has received positive feedback. Hoà addresses a number of issues that still concern experts. Can you speak about the role and importance of logistics within the economic structure of HCM City? HCM City has the most important logistics system in the Southern Key Economic Zone as well as nationwide. Thanks to its favourable geographical position, located between the East–West and North–South expressway axes and connected to giant port systems such as Cát Lái and Hiệp Phước, HCM City has become a crucial import and export gateway in the southern region. The volume of transported goods in HCM City accounts for 75 per cent of the Southern Key Economic Zone and 20 per cent of the entire country. In 2018, the total import and export turnover of HCM City reached US$85.2 billion, accounting for 17.7… Read full this story
- Amazon unveiled a new set of plans to win over New Yorkers to HQ2 as both sides dig in
- David Mackenzie lines up two new films; Sigma plans move into TV
- New film studio planned for Russia
- Christchurch: after the earthquake, a city rebuilt in whose image?
- One World Trade Center: how New York tried to rebuild its soul
- Read the letter New York leaders sent to Jeff Bezos begging Amazon to come back
- City considers waiving $1.2 million fee for USAA parking lot
- Inside Lab100's 'clinic of the future': Mount Sinai's, cutting edge, new space to assess patients
- Amazon's HQ2 competition is pushing 'loser' cities to become the next Silicon Valley — but some experts say it’s a dangerous plan
- Activists say Alphabet’s planned neighborhood in Toronto shows all the warning signs of Amazon HQ2-style breakup
HCM City assesses new logistics development plan have 354 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.