The Mekong Delta has restructured agriculture towards climate-change adaptation and market demand by establishing specialised farming areas for its key agricultural products. Growing flowers and ornamental plants in Dong Thap Province's Sa Dec City. — VNS Photo Ngoc Diep The delta, the country's largest rice, seafood and fruit producer, achieved a growth rate of 3 per cent a year between 2016 and 2018, higher than the country's average growth rate of 2.67 per cent, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. In An Giang Province, local authorities and farmers have set up specialised farming areas and used advanced farming techniques in recent years. The province has established a 25,000ha specialised glutinous-rice area in Phu Tan District, becoming the country's first province to have such an area. It has also set up specialised farming areas for cultivating three-colour mangoes grown according to Vietnamese good agricultural practices (VietGAP) standards in Cho Moi District. Another specialised area cultivates banana from tissue culture and breeds pig with high technology in Tri Ton District. In addition, farmers breed giant river prawns in Thoai Son District. Last year, large-scale rice fields on a total area of 33,531ha were active in the province. Nguyen Si… Read full this story
- Should We Relocate Species That Can’t Keep Up With Climate Change?
- African Development Bank Convenes Climate Change Seminar on Gender Mainstreaming for African Group of Negotiators
- IPCC Publishes Climate Change Report Into 1.5C Target: Everything You Need to Know
- Blue Carbon: Invasive Plants Help Prevent Climate Change by Becoming Ecosystem Engineers
- Trump's UN ag ambassador pick talks climate change
- Climate Change Is Contributing To Rise Of Global Hunger And Obesity, Report Says
- Kerry emphasizes elections, climate change
- Climate Change, CO2 and Rice Production in the 21st Century: Now what?
- Arizona elections: Where candidates stand on climate change, water
- What is climate change?
Vietnam's Mekong Delta agriculture adapts to climate change have 303 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.