Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California is taking heat from Republicans after he took some artistic license paraphrasing the transcript of President Donald Trump’s call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky. Speaking in his role as the chair of the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Schiff attempted to parody the president’s comments in the call during a hearing on the whistleblower’s complaint that helped bring Trump’s call with Zelensky—in which the U.S. leader appeared to ask the Ukranian president to investigate 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son—to light. “This is the essence of what the president communicates,” Schiff said: “We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what, I don’t see much reciprocity here.” “I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though and I’m gonna say this only seven times, so you better listen good,” Schiff continued, parodying Trump. “I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it… on this and on that.” “I’m gonna put you in touch with people and not just any people. I’m gonna put you in touch… Read full this story
- Adam Schiff Wears Mask Under His Chin During House Speech
- Nancy Pelosi calls Donald Trump's freeze on WHO cash 'dangerous' and 'illegal' and vows to 'swiftly challenge' the move
- Why You Shouldn't Call Coronavirus the 'Chinese Virus' & Why Trump Faces Backlash for Doing It Anyway
- Donald Trump 'congratulates' attorney general Bill Barr for overruling demand to jail Roger Stone for nine years saying case 'perhaps should not even have been brought' as Democrats demand inquiry into 'interference'
- Donald Trump Injects State of the Union With Reality Show Reveals As Nancy Pelosi Tears Up His Speech
- WHO chief says he 'regrets' Donald Trump's decision to suspend funding but reveals WHO's handling of Covid-19 will be reviewed after the pandemic
- Donald Trump WALKS OUT of coronavirus briefing after just 22 minutes and refuses to take a single question in wake of his disinfectant disaster - as White House aides invoke Secret Service in failed bid to REMOVE CNN reporter
- Now Donald Trump says he was being 'very sarcastic' when he suggested injecting disinfectants to cure coronavirus - then says 'maybe there's something there' and he has asked experts to do 'tests'
- Joe Biden is the most popular Democrat running against Donald Trump. Here's why he might not win
- Coronavirus storm looms over Florida as Donald Trump urges US states to re-open economies
Adam Schiff is facing backlash for parodying Donald Trump's Ukraine call during a Congressional hearing have 425 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 26, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.