Former President Barack Obama apparently endorsed an opinion piece from over 100 former members of his administration that argues President Donald Trump is “poisoning our democracy.” Obama sent out a tweet Saturday that linked to the piece published in The Washington Post. “I’ve always been proud of what this team accomplished during my administration,” Obama said. The piece was signed by 149 former members of the Obama administration, all African-Americans, who criticized Trump and his supporters telling progressive Democratic congresswomen to “go back” where they came from. The authors of the piece vowed to stand up to “the president and any elected official complicit in the poisoning of our democracy.” “There is truly nothing more un-American than calling on fellow citizens to leave our country — by citing their immigrant roots, or ancestry, or their unwillingness to sit in quiet obedience while democracy is being undermined,” they wrote. The former president is not the only Obama to comment on current affairs in recent weeks. Former First Lady Michelle Obama indirectly criticized Trump for instigating a chant against Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) at a rally. “Whether we are born here or seek refuge here, there’s a place for us all,” Michelle… Read full this story
- Barack Obama to Star in Silicon Valley Bailout Fundraiser for the DNC
- This FCC comment slamming net neutrality by 'Barack Obama' seems a little fishy
- CRM BLOG SAFARI Barack Obama: First CRM President?
- EA and Barack Obama to Campaign for “It’s On Us” Sexual Assault Awareness
- Machine learning algorithm puts the words of George W. Bush in Barack Obama's mouth
- Education Op-Ed: ‘From the Outside Looking In’
- Trump to Russia: Uncover, Release Deleted Clinton Emails
- President Trump shares first tweet from the official @POTUS Twitter account
- OPINION What Tech Firms Could Teach Obama
- Trump Removes U.S. from the Paris Climate Change Agreement
Barack Obama Shares Op-Ed That Criticizes Trump have 312 words, post on www.mediaite.com at July 27, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.