PUBLISHED: 14:35 18 June 2019 | UPDATED: 14:38 18 June 2019 Luke Rix-Standing An open plan home doesn’t split people into separate spaces, and you can often at least see your loved ones, even if you’re all doing different things. Picture: iStock/PA Archant Some say it’s had its peak, but open plan designs are still staggeringly popular. Luke Rix-Standing ponders the appeal of blurring room boundaries. Open plan kitchen/diners are what it’s all about. Picture: iStock/PAThere are exceptions to every rule, but we’d guess the phrase ‘open plan’ mostly conjures images of a modern, minimalist apartment in whitewashed monochrome, dotted with oddly-shaped furniture from the darkest corners of IKEA. Or, depending on your profession, a vast integrated office space filled with shoulder-high plastic partitioning.In reality, ‘open plan’ can be a slightly trickier concept to pin down.”In the simplest terms, it’s a connection between the living room, dining room and kitchen,” says Charles Bettes, managing director of London architecture firm gpad (gpadlondonltd.com), “linking together those three primary functions.”In pictures and catalogues, you’ll sometimes see open plan bedrooms thrown into the mix, but Bettes says this is usually more aesthetic than practical.Open plan designs help natural light spread throughout a home. Picture:… Read full this story
- Couple spend six years transforming an underground water reservoir into a bright open-plan family home with a courtyard - but viewers are left devastated as husband's cancer diagnosis threatens to halt the project
- Twitter Mocks Donald Trump's Dismissal of New York Sea Wall: 'Make the Merfolk Pay For It'
- Can blockchain tech save govt schools? IT minister asks NIC to make a plan
- Literature fest opens with lively discussions
- Mother transforms two-bed bungalow that belonged to a hoarder into a stunning home for £128,000 - and it now boasts five bedrooms, a gym and an open-plan kitchen
- Tear down that wall: Bay Area millennials want homes with open floor plans
- The Property Brothers Reveal How to Make a Tiny Kitchen Look Huge
- Trump Is Rushing to Make His Border Wall Look Like a Success Before November
- Bizarre moment crooks armed with bolt cutters and van steal a £15,000, 23ft CLIMBING WALL
- Serving aces, with a dollop of cream on top: The all-female Australian Open Chef Series
Withough walls: How to make the most of open plan living have 367 words, post on www.hertsad.co.uk at June 18, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.