Public bicycles are believed to be a good solution to the urban transport question as it is ‘green’ and suited to sustainable development. That’s why Hoi An city authorities are developing a public bicycle transport network. Riding bicycles at leisure around the UNESCO-recognized streets to enjoy craft villages, and the surrounding green rice fields and landscapes is an interesting experience for travelers. However, it is doubtful that such a program would succeed in a populous city like HCMC. Two pilot projects on public bicycle transport were implemented in the last two years at Quang Trung Software Park (QTSC) and the HCMC National University (VNU). Of these, the former is going smoothly, while the latter has raised worries. With 60,000 students, Easy Move, the public bicycle transport project at VNU was hoped to better serve travel within the campus. Instead of taking a bus, students, lecturers and visitors can use bicycles within the school village. With 60,000 students, Easy Move, the public bicycle transport project at VNU was hoped to better serve travel within the campus. Instead of taking a bus, students, lecturers and visitors can use bicycles within the school village. However, 80 bicycles designed specifically for Easy Move using… Read full this story
- Downtown Saigon to pilot public bicycles
- To-be Thu Duc City meeting both opportunities, challenges
- HCM City sees high growth in east and west
- City reviews planning of parking lots
- Ho Chi Minh City gives in principal approval to trial bike-sharing system
- Southampton – Manchester City: Analysis, reaction, videos
- Federal crackdown aims to curb violent crime spike in New York City
- What can make Thu Duc a successful city within a city?
- Housing woes in key cities to get top priority
- How To Avoid Getting A Parking Ticket In New York City
Public bicycles: good solution in Hoi An, but not in big cities like HCM City have 284 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.