Many doctors quit working at public hospitals in the southernmost province of Ca Mau, the local Department of Health reported. Ca Mau’s Department of Health According to the department, last year, up to 31 doctors gave up their jobs at Ca Mau’s state-owned hospitals. Most of them moved to private clinics and hospitals. The modest salary at public hospitals was blamed for the main cause of the issue, said the department. Meanwhile, private hospitals often offer much higher salaries. Doctors at state-owned hospitals usually face more pressures and difficulties than those in the private sector, including work pressure and the threat from being attacked by patients’ relatives. Lots of public hospitals lack equipment and human resources, restricting career development opportunities. The department has proposed the government to improve the salary for doctors along with the equitisation of public hospitals. Between 2015 and 2018, 97 doctors stopped working at public hospitals in the province. The same situation also occurred at some other localities, including Dong Nai Province and those in the Central Highlands region. Over the past three years, 61 doctors have left their jobs at the Central Highlands General Hospital. Lao Dong/Dtinews Social workers help improve quality of services at… Read full this story
- Ca Mau fisherman saved at sea
- ‘Desperate need’ – Stretched public services call on charity volunteers help people in rural Suffolk
- One Doctor. 25 Deaths. How Could It Have Happened?
- Doctors' fear over mental health care for children
- Amid perceived power vacuum, dozens vie to be Haiti’s leader
- Amid perceived power vacuum, dozens vie to be Haiti's leader
- Amid perceived power vacuum, dozens vie to be Haitis leader
- Difficulty 'pinning down' doctors highlighted in patient survey
- No doctors, nurses or painkillers: surviving pregnancy in Venezuela
- Some patients with vaping-related lung injuries are being hospitalized a second time
Ca Mau: Dozens of doctors at public hospitals resign have 291 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at May 30, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.