In April 2018, over 20 former contributors, employees, and associates of the popular video entertainment website Channel Awesome released a lengthy Google document entitled “Not So Awesome,” alleging numerous grievances brought on by the company’s CEO, Mike Michaud, and two of its co-founders and main talents, brothers Doug and Rob Walker. “There are many different grievances that need to be shared,” the document began, “but the following points are what we feel are the most grievous and should be known by the public above all others.” What followed were over 70 pages, sorted by individual contributors’ accounts, that included a plethora of workplace allegations against Channel Awesome: lack of financial compensation, lack of contractual agreements for work, NDAs forced upon employees, unprofessional and sometimes dangerous film sets, verbal intimidation and bullying (particularly towards women), sexual harassment and predation, and an overall environment of poor communication and mismanagement. The “Not So Awesome” document arose from a now-commonplace online phenomenon: one former producer decided to speak out on Twitter; more began adding to the same thread; and before long, the contributors found that the best way to keep track of the rapidly-growing list of complaints was in a Google doc. For the… Read full this story
- The Best Tech Reviewers on YouTube Who Give Great Advice
- YouTube stars like Lilly Singh a new breed of celebrity in Toronto
- QAnon Fan Arrested for Threatening Massacre at YouTube Headquarters
- The best free YouTube video converter 2020: watch clips on any device
- New YouTube rules on kids’ content to hit creators’ revenue
- US politician's 'phone call' with Greta Thunberg the work of Russian trolls
- Why YouTube Star Emma Chamberlain Considers Influencer Culture ''Disgusting''
- 18-year-old YouTube sensation Emma Chamberlain reveals 'growing up on social media gave her so many eating issues' and sparked body dysmorphia - as she lands Cosmopolitan cover
- Lawmakers may avoid divisive social issues in election year
- Rebooting YouTube
After many called out Channel Awesome for workplace issues, they’re finding similar issues with YouTube have 305 words, post on www.polygon.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.