Deirdre Caverley, who gave evidence via a video link from Boston, told the Tipperary murder trial that Mr Quirke had claimed Ms Lowry was leaving her three children unsupervised for long periods while she spent time with her new boyfriend. In 2011, Ms Caverley worked for the HSE as a social worker, based in Clonmel, and on February 4 of that year, as duty social worker, she had received a telephone call from Mr Quirke expressing concern about the welfare of the three Lowry children, she said. “The concerns were about the wellbeing and safety of the three Lowry children, especially an allegation put by Mr Quirke that the children were being left unsupervised for long periods of time, mostly at the weekends,” said Ms Caverley. Mr Quirke had claimed Ms Lowry would leave the family home and the children unsupervised from 4pm and would be gone “until the early hours of the morning”. This happened usually at the weekends, Mr Quirke had stated, claiming these concerns had been going on “for about three months”. Asked by Michael Bowman SC, for the prosecution, if he had given any other information of what else was going on in terms of the… Read full this story
- Social workers say cops beat them, failed to follow protocol on child removal that lead to violence
- World AIDS Day: New treatments help HIV/AIDS patients live longer, causing surge in patients over 50
- Parents, education workers express concerns about NYC schools at 'Fight for Their Future' forum
- From the archives: Snapshots of New York's mood after 9/11
- City-run hospitals get high-tech fixup to mimic life in womb for preemies
- Councilman Addabbo fund-raises for state Senate run
- A.G. Andrew Cuomo accepts Democratic nomination for New York governor
- A looming strike over Project Dragonfly is putting new pressure on Google
- Ask Dr. NerdLove: My Girlfriend Wants To Open Up Our Relationship
- Have our brains just not evolved for social media?
Quirke told social worker that Lowry 'lost run of herself' in new relationship have 313 words, post on www.independent.ie at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.