0 Post a comment Friday, 8 March 2019 – Local People A FAMILY are calling for support as Siphiwe Moyo faces deportation after 12 years living in the UK. Piwie, as she prefers to be called, provides full-time care to Yvie Gade, a former Farnham woman who suffered a burst aneurysm in her brain ten years ago in June. It has left her quadriplegic with no free movement, no speech and tube fed. Yvie, aged 60, now lives with her wife Karen Attwell, aged 58, in Taunton, Somerset. Piwie lives with the family four weeks out of five and has done for the last eight-and-a-half years.“The Home Office refused to renew Piwie’s work permit three years ago, and she was told she must return to Zimbabwe, her home country,” said Karen.She is now in the process of lodging a fresh asylum appeal.Karen told the Herald the Home Office thinks 34 year-old Piwie is “just a carer” and can be replaced. “But she’s our family,” said Karen.She added the Home Office didn’t have to justify why Piwie is facing deportation. “But we have to find a reason for her to stay,” she said.“They’ve just decided she’s one of the many Zimbabweans… Read full this story
- Guatemala’s Ban On US Arrivals Not Stopping ICE Deportation Flights
- Who are the Tamil family from Biloela and why are they being deported?
- Wrongful deportation: Afghan asylum-seeker returns to Germany
- Fireworks, whoops and cheers as Britain takes to the streets to clap for the carers in weekly salute to the NHS, police and key workers helping to fight coronavirus
- From deportee to rising soccer star: Salvadoran immigrant deported by U.S. triumphs away from home
- Proud family praise hero NHS nurse who helped save Boris Johnson's life and reveal she is back at work already after keeping 48-hour vigil by the prime minister's ICU bedside as he battled coronavirus
- Declan Donnelly and wife Ali Astall join Lucy Mecklenburgh and Ryan Thomas as stars clap for the carers in weekly salute to the NHS, police and key workers helping to fight COVID-19
- 'Tonight I didn't just want to be cameraman': Victoria Beckham joins her family in video from their Cotswold home to clap for the NHS staff and other key workers fighting COVID-19
- On paper, our family tree starts in the 1800s. But it's only the beginning of the story
- Noel Gallagher's wife Sara MacDonald claims their son, 12, has never met Uncle Liam amid toxic family feud... as she details physical fight, abusive phone calls and claims her husband is in a 'lonely and unpleasant place'
Family fights to stop carer being deported have 426 words, post on www.farnhamherald.com at March 8, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.