Download logo Experts from the Economic Commission for Africa’s (ECA), African Trade Policy Centre (ATPC) are meeting in Libreville, Gabon today to review the guidelines for preparing national AfCFTA implementation strategies. Experts will review current production and trade within a national and regional context; the identification and prioritization of opportunities for value chain development; a thorough analysis of constraints, including non-tariffs barriers and competitiveness issues faced by businesses and means to address them; strategic actions to boost identified priority sectors; a monitoring and evaluation framework; and financial resources mobilization plans. Taking also the macroeconomic context into account, all these factors will feed into producing guidelines to support 30 countries with the development of their national AfCFTA (African Continental Free Trade Agreement) implementation strategies. ATPC acknowledges that the AfCFTA could bring about some short-term adjustment costs such as lower tariffs revenues. Furthermore, a range of cross cutting and very critical issues need to be integrated into the national plans, including gender mainstreaming, the environment, climate change, and new technologies. David Luke, Coordinator of the African Trade Policy Centre (ATPC) at the UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) said that “country strategies will not be developed from scratch. African countries have in place… Read full this story
- Free-Trade Cars: Why a U.S.–Europe Free-Trade Agreement Is a Good Idea
- Baldrick or brilliant? Rees-Mogg's Brexit plan for Northern Ireland divides opinion
- Indian auto industry experts moot investment in new tech, capacity and kaizen to achieve global standards
- Trade Peace Watch: US-Korean Trade Pact: Korea (And U.S. Customers) In Deep Kimchi
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's goosey claims on trade, jobs
- The Continental: Mexican Goodness, a Better Nissan, and a Mercedes-Benz Pickup?
- In Michigan Visit, President Trump Reopens Review of Fuel-Economy Standards
- 2018 N.B.A. Free Agency Tracker: Live Updates
- Trump speaks in Ypsilanti, announces review of mileage goals
- Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4: long-term test review (2015)
Experts Review Guidelines for National African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) Implementation Plans have 306 words, post on world.einnews.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.