January witnessed 1,526 traffic accidents which left 728 people dead and 1,137 people injured, according to the Ministry of Public Security. illustrative image The numbers of accidents, fatalities and injured people increased by 116, 98 and 49 respectively compared to December 2018. The police dealt with over 368,800 violations and collected over VND255bn in fines. Nearly 64,600 cars and motorbikes were seized. Compared to December 2018, there was a 43,800 increase in the number of incidents, with fines up VND32.18bn and the number of vehicles involved increased by 5,681 vehicles. As many as 110 people were killed in 147 traffic accidents in the four-day New Year holiday alone. Most of the main routes in Hanoi and HCM City have been overcrowded and jammed in the lead-up to Tet. Road use has massively increased as people are shopping for the festive period while people from other provinces are travelling into the cities to deliver goods. Meanwhile, both Hanoi and HCM City still have many on-going constructions that have badly affected the traffic flow. Lax urban management has also seen pavements used by temporary businesses. Road rage and disregard of traffic laws have become increasingly common. Vu Van Vien, head of Hanoi… Read full this story
- 'We can't be afraid': Rebuilding in Indonesia's tsunami zone leaves city in peril
- Australian towns teeter on brink of a humanitarian crisis as food, fuel and water run low in bushfire-hit regions and the NAVY is called in 'to evacuate people by the 1,000' ahead of 46C Saturday
- Facts About Malaysia Flight 370: Passengers, Crew & Aircraft
- Seven-day state of emergency declared in NSW with conditions set to WORSEN on Saturday when 46C temperatures and strong winds smother the region - as the Navy launches unprecedented evacuation
- 'You left us to burn': Furious Cobargo residents explode at visiting Scott Morrison after their town was destroyed by bushfires - forcing the PM to flee the scene in his chauffeur-driven car
- Awkward moment Scott Morrison is snubbed by a firefighter after trying for a handshake - after he was abused by locals in a fire-ravaged town
Over 700 people killed in traffic accidents in January have 329 words, post on dtinews.vn at February 2, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.