News of all that’s transpired on and off the football field IMAGE: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is keen to move to Real Madrid at the end of the season. Photograph: Jan Kruger/Getty Images FIFA have banned Chelsea from the next two transfer windows after the Premier League club was found guilty of breaching rules regarding overseas players under the age of 18, soccer’s world governing body said on Friday. In a statement, FIFA said Chelsea had also been fined 600,000 Swiss Francs ($599,460) and had been given 90 days to “regularise the situation”. After a lengthy investigation into how Chelsea register players at academy level, they were found to have breached article 19 of the regulations in the case of 29 minor players. FIFA added the London club had also breached article 18bis in connection with two agreements it concluded concerning minors and which allowed it to influence other clubs in transfer-related matters. The ban does not apply to Chelsea’s women’s team. England’s Football Association was also fined 510,000 Swiss francs and given six months to address the situation concerning the international transfer and first registration of minors. Both decisions can be contested before FIFA’s Appeal Committee with the possibility of… Read full this story
- Club-record shattered on striker, Poch bins 11 - Chelsea's dream summer transfer window
- Club-record defender signs, £145m midfield splurge - Liverpool's dream transfer window
- Chelsea transfer chief Marina Granovskaia 'in action' to complete new club-record signing
- Every Todd Boehly Chelsea transfer rated out of 10 after £600m splurge in just 12 months
- Arsenal chief's comments speak volumes as Gunners gear up for crucial transfer window
- La Liga: Five Big Transfers in the January Transfer Window
- Transfer news: Man Utd 15-man fire-sale, Man City hold Chelsea transfer meeting
- Mikel Arteta may enjoy dream Arsenal transfer window thanks to Unai Emery as chase hots up
- Man Utd takeover: Glazers stance on Harry Maguire speaks volumes as transfer window nears
- When does the summer transfer window open for Premier League clubs?
Football Extras: FIFA bans Chelsea from next two transfer windows have 321 words, post on www.rediff.com at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.