(CNN)The 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards could add more clarity to a wide-open awards season, beginning with a battle of blockbusters in the closely watched category of best performance by an ensemble in a movie. “Black Panther” will test its freshly minted Oscar muscle against the casts of “A Star Is Born,” “Crazy Rich Asians” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “The Favourite,” “BlacKkKlansman” and “Green Book.” “A Star Is Born” has been one of the most talked about films this season, with its lead Lady Gaga set to compete with another favorite, Glenn Close, who was nominated for her work in “The Wife.” The pair are up against Emily Blunt (“Mary Poppins Returns”), Olivia Colman (“The Favourite”), and Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”) for outstanding performance by a female actor in a leading role. The SAG Awards hold special significance among actors, because they represent praise from their peers, voted upon by fellow performers for their work in film and television. Read More Several television co-stars are in contention with each other this year. “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” stars Alex Borstein and Rachel Brosnahan are both up for outstanding performance by a female actor in a comedy series, as are “Grace… Read full this story
- Announcing The Austin Chronicle’s Battle of the Brisket!
- Announcing The Austin Chronicle’s Battle of the Briskets!
- What to Watch When Your Favorite Shows Are on Hiatus This Summer
- Jury awards $41M to family of East Texas woman whose murder led to 'Kari's Law'
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Priced from $26,480
- Here's Where Your Favorite 2000s Heartthrobs Are Now
- 'Black Panther' and 'Stranger Things' win big at MTV Awards
- ‘Black Panther’ star honors real-life hero at MTV awards
- Malawi: PP Endorses Joyce Banda for 2019 Malawi Presidential Bid
- Obituary: Churchill’s favorite hero makes last trip
SAG Awards 2019: Blockbuster favorites to battle it out have 295 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 26, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.