The men and companies who expected to play key roles in the Colorado Convention Center expansion have been working together for years on another major public project, and the city of Denver’s allegations of collusion are forcing a re-examination of whether the work on the older project was above-board. Last month, the city of Denver accused two major companies, Trammell Crow and Mortenson, of tainting the bidding process for the convention center. Emails released by the city of Denver show employees of the companies discussing information that the city says was confidential and talking about eliminating competitors. The city moved quickly to fire the companies from public projects. However, as the Denver District Attorney’s Office reviews the convention center situation, the companies are still working together on the $196 million redevelopment of the campus of Denver Water, which is independent from the city. Public records show that the companies and some of their key employees were involved in similar ways in both major projects. Denver Water says it has not found signs of collusion between the men or their employers, but the high-level similarities between the projects have prompted the agency to examine whether its own competitive process was corrupted… Read full this story
- Colorado’s strong space, defense industries continue to act as magnet for companies
- Long vs. Short: Can Wynn Casinos Recover From Steve Wynn’s #MeToo Scandal?
- The cowboy-hat wearing, Colorado-dwelling, culinary-trained brother picked by Elon as his company trustee: Meet Kimbal Musk, who survived a broken neck and vowed to dedicate his life to sustainable eating and energy (with his new heiress bride)
- Rising on the plains: This Colorado plant is one of a handful in the world to produce helium
- The Rockefellers vs. the Company That Made Them Rockefellers
- Our Trip to The Climate War's Ground Zero
- Super Tuesday 2020: Biden wins Texas, 8 other states
- Valuable experience, positive contributions
- Shell Is Looking Forward
- Jeremy Corbyn, 1970s Revanchist, Is Suddenly the Face of the New New Left
Colorado Convention Center scandal: Accused companies still collaborating on huge Denver Water project have 324 words, post on www.denverpost.com at January 20, 2019. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.