A former English teacher who taught in Burton held ‘fake exams’ at his old school in New Zealand before hiding the papers in a cupboard at his home for nearly two years and lying about their whereabouts. James Haggett, 47, from Lichfield, has been banned from teaching after a misconduct panel in the UK found that he had not told Blessed Robert Sutton Catholic Sports College, in Bluestone Lane, Stapenhill, that he was subject to a disciplinary tribunal in New Zealand. The tribunal in New Zealand had found him guilty of “serious misconduct”. The tribunal’s report, which was published in July 2017, said Mr Haggett’s behaviour at his previous school in New Zealand amounted to “a continuing and extended process of deception of both students and colleagues”. The teacher misconduct panel in the UK issued its report on November 12, banning Mr Haggett from teaching anywhere in England ‘indefinitely’ as a result of the findings. ‘Fake exams’ The tribunal heard that Mr Haggett had told the school that pupils could sit religious education exams in 2013 that would be officially moderated by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). There was some confusion over whether the Cambridge board would be able to provide… Read full this story
- Alec Baldwin doubles down on his defense of wife Hilaria in 'faked' heritage scandal and says she 'lived in Spain for many years as a child' as her talent agency removes ALL mention of her being born in Majorca
- Fake: Kerala has not banned Reliance Jio Internet
- New Year Honours list 2021 in full - Lewis Hamilton, Craig David and Covid heroes
- Google Doodle celebrates New Year’s eve with twinkling lights and confetti poppers
- NOW Government says BTECs can be cancelled... just HOURS before pupils are due to sit first exams - amid fury over axing of GCSEs and A-levels with predicted grades used for second year
- Furious Tories, parents and unions blast Gavin Williamson's 'vague statement' that TEACHERS will decide GCSE and A-Level grades without explaining HOW - with pupils having no mock exams and just one term of classes all year due to Covid lockdowns
- Now schools set their OWN exams: Head teachers prepare to hold mock tests so pupils can have robust grades while some students could still sit international GCSEs - as 92% of teachers say Gavin Williamson should resign
- Daughter, 17, of parenting guru Jane Buckingham, who paid proctor $50k to take her son's ACT exam, insists she's forgiven her mom and says it's 'OK to learn from past mistakes'
- 'I'm scared he will punch me': Woman who exposed Hilaria's 'fake' Spanish heritage says she wants to remain anonymous for fear of 'angry' Alec Baldwin's temper
- This year's GCSE and A Level exams are CANCELLED after Boris Johnson failed to guarantee that classes would return before summer
Burton teacher banned after New Zealand 'fake exam' scandal have 453 words, post on www.derbytelegraph.co.uk at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.