OPINION 11/28/2018 02:21 pm ET Marcy WheelerGuest Writer After lying to the IRS and lying to banks and then asking witnesses to lie to the government, former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort also lied to prosecutors when he was supposed to be cooperating as part of a plea deal, special counsel Robert Mueller alleged on Monday. In a status report presented in the former Trump campaign manager’s criminal case, Mueller’s team asserted that, in spite of a plea deal promising to cooperate truthfully and forthrightly, “Manafort committed federal crimes by lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Special Counsel’s Office on a variety of subject matters, which constitute breaches of the agreement.” The standard Mueller will need to meet to prove this ― and send the 69-year old Manafort to prison for a decade or more on top of what he already faces for a tax evasion conviction in Virginia ― is much lower than it would have been at trial ― just “good faith.” While Manafort’s failure to cooperate may deprive Mueller of answers to questions only Manafort can answer, it does provide Mueller with something else that may prove more important historically: an opportunity to provide a public… Read full this story
- Steve Bannon said Robert Mueller will crack Donald Trump Jr. "like an egg"
- Mueller’s Team Should Have Done More to Investigate Trump-Russia Links, Top Aide Says
- Ex-Trump campaign manager Manafort indicted for 'conspiracy against US'
- Jerome Corsi, Friend of Roger Stone, Is in Plea Talks With Mueller
- Mueller Report Finds “No Evidence of Russian Collusion” By President Trump
- Trump's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen will be released from prison to home confinement days after Manafort freed
- In Odd Move, One Of Mueller’s Investigators Leaves Trump-Russia Probe
- Paul Ryan Upends Republican Hopes and Plans for Midterm Elections
- ‘Iron Man’ At 10: How One Film Set A Dominant Path For Marvel, Kevin Feige, Robert Downey Jr. & Jon Favreau
- Face the Nation transcripts January 10, 2016: Clinton, Ryan, Christie, Paul
Paul Manafort's Nonstop Lying May Have Done Robert Mueller A Huge Favor have 322 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at November 28, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.