Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Television Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper Supported by BySopan Deb Nov. 1, 2018 Former President Barack Obama’s production company has bought the rights to the Michael Lewis book “The Fifth Risk,” its first known acquisition since it signed a deal with Netflix in May. Lewis made the announcement on a Katie Couric podcast episode that aired on Thursday. Deadline reported the acquisition earlier this week. “The Fifth Risk” tracks the messy transition from the Obama administration to the one headed by President Trump, as inexperienced appointees take over important bureaucratic jobs. In particular, the book examines what Lewis says was the bungling of day-to-day operations at the Agriculture, Commerce and Energy departments. Early in Trump’s tenure as president, Obama stayed mostly on the sidelines and avoided criticizing Trump directly. And the Netflix deal with his production company, Higher Ground, which he runs with Michelle Obama, was not intended to be used for public rebuttals to Trump, according to what the former president told associates at the time. The Netflix deal called for “scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features,” a news release said. But with the first announced… Read full this story
- American Factory’ is first Netflix project endorsed by Obamas
- Analysis: Conservatives criticize Trump, but softly, in code
- This week's book talks dive into religion, death and politics
- Trump’s starting to win big on controlling the southern border
- ++ AP: Trump projected winner of US presidential election - live updates ++
- Does Jim Mattis Have a Duty to Criticize Donald Trump?
- Trump gives controversial US oil pipelines the green light
- Trump tops Bush, Obama in naming ex-lobbyists to Cabinet
- Trump’s New National Security Adviser Is Another Iran Hawk
- ICE-T on gangster mentality, Donald Trump and why new Body Count album, Bloodlust, needed to happen
Obamas Acquire Book Critical of Trump as First Netflix Project have 302 words, post on www.nytimes.com at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.