Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Television Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper Supported by BySopan Deb Nov. 1, 2018 Former President Barack Obama’s production company has bought the rights to the Michael Lewis book “The Fifth Risk,” its first known acquisition since it signed a deal with Netflix in May. Lewis made the announcement on a Katie Couric podcast episode that aired on Thursday. Deadline reported the acquisition earlier this week. “The Fifth Risk” tracks the messy transition from the Obama administration to the one headed by President Trump, as inexperienced appointees take over important bureaucratic jobs. In particular, the book examines what Lewis says was the bungling of day-to-day operations at the Agriculture, Commerce and Energy departments. Early in Trump’s tenure as president, Obama stayed mostly on the sidelines and avoided criticizing Trump directly. And the Netflix deal with his production company, Higher Ground, which he runs with Michelle Obama, was not intended to be used for public rebuttals to Trump, according to what the former president told associates at the time. The Netflix deal called for “scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries and features,” a news release said. But with the first announced… Read full this story
- Dana Perino: ‘Galling’ For Ex-Obama Officials to Criticize Trump Given Their Track Record on Russia
- Barack Obama Shares Op-Ed That Criticizes Trump
- Charlize Theron Is Doing A Comic Book Movie For Netflix
- Sacha Baron Cohen Video Teases Trump-Centric Project
- Barack Obama in ‘Advanced Negotiations’ With Netflix For His Series of Specials
- All the Ways Deputy AG Rosenstein Just Criticized Trump Without Saying His Name Once
- Hannity Trashes ‘Weak, Pathetic, Visionless, Feckless, Spineless Republicans’ for Criticizing Trump
- NY Times Media Critic Blasts ‘Netflix’s Supine Compliance’ in Pulling ‘Patriot Act’ Episode in Saudi Arabia
- Going Rogue: Fox’s Brian Kilmeade Criticizes Trump ‘Oversimplification’ on North Korea Testing
- Is Sacha Baron Cohen Teasing a Donald Trump-Themed Project?
Obamas Acquire Book Critical of Trump as First Netflix Project have 323 words, post on www.nytimes.com at November 1, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.