When the fundraising arm for Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center fired its longtime chief amid allegations of embezzlement earlier this month, the announcement was a double shock: not only was a fixture on the high-dollar charity circuit being accused of financial wrongdoing, but the accusations landed during an important push to raise money for a new children's hospital. For many who know John Paul Funes, the news has been hard to digest. OLOL fires foundation head John Paul Funes, citing ‘pattern of forgery and embezzlement’ John Paul Funes has been fired from his long-time position as president and CEO of Our Lady of the Lake Foundation, the hospital announced on … The 49-year-old Funes had been involved in philanthropy since he was chosen in 1991 as an LSU senior to participate in a leadership program focusing on community service. He has led missions to help hurricane victims in his father's native Honduras – C. Ronaldo Funes has been a prominent Baton Rouge pediatrician since 1971 – has helped run the Special Olympics in Louisiana and sat on many local charity boards. Taking the helm in December 2007 at the Our Lady of the Lake Foundation, Funes spearheaded some… Read full this story
- The Latest: Snubbing Biden, Warren thanks Obama for support
- The Latest: Bush-DeGeneres friendship prompts final question
- Is Pope Benedictus XVl Resuscitating the Donation of Constantine?
- Democrats zero in on Warren at fourth debate
- August Wilson - The Most Compulsive and Strident Voice From the Black American Theatre
- POLITICO Playbook: Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings dies
- Declaration of Dependence on Jesus
- Michael Jackson Awards Life
- POLITICO Playbook: D.C. stays in the fight
- Democrats 2020: What their key issues are
From high-powered fundraiser to accused OLOL foundation embezzler: Who is John Paul Funes? have 272 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at November 26, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.