KSTP-TV reports: “After the recent deaths of two Minnesota corrections officers on duty and a rise in offender assaults against corrections officers, two state lawmakers told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS ‘this threat against corrections officers has to stop.’ Sen. Warren Limmer, R-Maple Grove, told KSTP as chair of the Judiciary Committee, he plans to hold hearings on spending and safety issues regarding the DOC. … Sen. Karla Bigham, DFL-Cottage Grove, said she supports hearings on recent DOC problems … .” The Star Tribune’s Paul Walsh reports: “An 18-year-old man was found dead after an apparent fall from a residence hall at Bemidji State University, officials said Sunday. Officials have identified the man as a visitor not enrolled at BSU. According to a statement, Bemidji police officers were called to Tamarack Hall, a 12-story building on campus, about an injured person lying on the ground. Efforts to provide medical care were unsuccessful. The man’s body has been taken to the Ramsey County medical examiners office for autopsy.” The Star Tribune’s Eric Roper writes, “A roaring fire that consumes Twin Cities trash every year may soon be extinguished, sending mountains of extra waste into the metro area’s landfills. Great River Energy (GRE) says… Read full this story
- Merkel’s Spending Drive Thwarted by Bats, Lizards and Red Tape
- As a new week of turmoil consumes DC, lawmakers will face fraught questions most have tried to dodge
- Itasca mayor asks lawmaker not to seek state funds for Haymarket addiction treatment center
- Risk of no-deal Brexit 'very real', Juncker tells EU lawmakers
- FBI testimony in Yona Mayor Jesse Blas hearing transcribed
- Compliance with police doesn't ensure safety
- Capturing Safety Data at the Point of Origin
- Becoming a Crisis Manager: Whether You Want to or Not!
- Using Smartphone: Risk & Safety Measures
- Direct Mail Marketing – Can it Really Pay Off? Step 3: Do you know the Correct Estimation of Effort?
Lawmakers want hearings on safety, spending at Department of Corrections have 305 words, post on www.minnpost.com at October 1, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.