Tech & Science Climate Change Humanity being annihilated by chemical weapons or the molten lava of a supervolcano may sound like the plots of Hollywood disaster movies, but they are in fact among the very real ways mankind could be wiped out according to research. The Global Challenges Foundation—an organization which aims to reduce the global issues which we all face—highlighted the most probable scenarios to finish off the human race in its annual Global Catastrophic Risks report. To compile the document, researchers assessed scientific papers and consulted academics. Martin Rees, the U.K.’s Astronomer Royal, and co-founder of the Cambridge Center for the Study of Existential Risk, warned in the report that while most of us are worried about familiar risks like air crashes “we’re in denial about some emergent threats—the potential downsides of fast-developing new technologies and the risk of crossing environmental ‘tipping points.’ “These may seem improbable, but in our interconnected world, their consequences could cascade globally, causing such devastation that even one such incident would be too many,” said Rees. In this undated image, a volcano on the Kamchatka Peninsula, in eastern Russia, spews molten lava. Experts believe a supervolcano could wipe out humanity Getty Images Read more: Larsen C: NASA has found… Read full this story
- Apocalyptic asteroid strike that could wipe out humanity is ‘only a matter of time’, top scientist warns
- Worrying UN report warns up to one MILLION species are now at risk of extinction as a result of human activity
- This Tattoo Artist Died In One Of The Most Powerful Storms In Human History. Now His Friends And Family Are Demanding Justice.
- India’s war on Greenpeace
- NASA and partners will simulate a potentially deadly asteroid strike this week
- Operation Obliteration: How US gunships cornered ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi before he 'dragged three children with him into a dead-end tunnel and detonated a suicide belt' - as Donald Trump said he watched live on TV link 'like a movie'
- The Best Chrome Extensions
- Counterculture ’73: Summer Jam, Timothy Leary and the Sexual Revolution
How Will the World End? Experts Reveal 9 Most Likely Ways Humans Will Be Wiped Out have 341 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.