Above / DuPage County Health Department recommends annual flu shots. Many walk-in clinics and local pharmacies, including Oswald’s in Naperville Plaza, offer flu shots with no appointment necessary. Note also Oswald’s annual Health & Wellness Fair is Sat., Oct. 20. DUPAGE COUNTY—Influenza (flu) season in Illinois typically starts in October and the DuPage County Health Department is recommending that everyone six months and older be vaccinated against influenza. The Health Department suggests that residents check with their physician’s office or local pharmacy for the availability of flu vaccine. The single most effective way to prevent getting the flu is an annual flu shot. Influenza is a serious illness and can be fatal. Even healthy people get the flu each year, so it’s important for everyone to be vaccinated. Protecting yourself from flu also protects the people around you who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness. When more people get vaccinated against the flu, less flu can spread through that community. Flu hit children hard last season with 183 lab-confirmed influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported nationally. Approximately 80 percent of these deaths occurred in children who had not received a flu vaccination this season. 2018-2019 flu season runs now through May… Read full this story
- Less Than Half Of Michiganders Get Flu Shots: Health Officials
- Health Department Weighs Regulating Physician Practices and Walk-In Clinics
- Rite Aid Wins Summary Judgment in TCPA Action Involving Prerecorded, Automated Call for Flu Shot Reminder
- Firing Employees Who Don’t Get Flu Shots: What Risks Do Hospitals Face?
- California Federal Court Finds That 2015 TCPA Safe Harbor Applies to Automated Flu Shot Reminders
- Fighting the Flu (and Liability) in the Workplace
- Most passengers from quarantined flight had flu or common cold, New York health officials say
- The Dos and Don’ts of Implementing a Mandatory Flu Vaccine Policy
- Employer-Sponsored, On-Site Health Care
- Health Care Law Reform Update - February 4, 2013
Health department recommends annual flu shots and practicing ‘three Cs’ have 305 words, post on www.positivelynaperville.com at October 18, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.