By Larry Wilson | [email protected] and Doug McIntyre | [email protected] | Pasadena Star NewsPUBLISHED: October 7, 2018 at 5:30 pm | UPDATED: October 7, 2018 at 5:31 pm It’s that time of year again.The yard cards are popping up like lawn mushrooms, the campaign commercials are flooding the airwaves like “My Pillow” ads and every day my mail carrier re-ruptures his hiatal hernia lugging sacks of glossy slate mailers from mail box to mail box.Excited? No?There are nearly as many theories about voter apathy as there are actual voters, with everything from election fatigue to dodging jury duty fingered as the culprit. We’ve tried Rocking the Vote, motor-voter registration, opt-out registration and literally thousands of other schemes to get Americans off the couch and to the polls on Election Day.We let people vote by mail, drop off ballots at any polling station, same-day registration, and West Virginia is going to let some voters vote via a smart phone app. We’ve tried pretty much everything except having the candidates drag us bodily out of our homes and stuff us one by one into the voting booth like a Japanese subway car at rush hour.What do we have to show for all… Read full this story
- Graham: Sen. McCain’s life a ‘civics lesson’
- Florida recount: The civics lesson
- 2014 Honda Civic Goes On-Sale Today With A Restyled Coupe, Higher Tech, Better Fuel Efficiency And An Improved Driving Experience
- Honda Civic spied in India again, looks GORGEOUS!
- Driven! Honda’s Civic Type R Race Car Is an Absolute Riot
- 2014 Honda Civic Wagon spied on the road
- Insights of the upcoming Honda Civic Tourer
- The Plant That Builds the Honda Civic Type R Is Closing
- Honda Could Build The Next Generation Civic Hatchback In The U.S.
- A Honda Civic Type R Joins Australian Police Force, but Not to Chase Your Hooning Self Down
Civic lessons for an informed electorate have 308 words, post on www.dailynews.com at October 6, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.