The ‘London Spirit’ has been captured in East London as neighbours come together to battle through a huge flood. Children were filmed wading through several feet of water to get to school after a burst pipe flooded a Hackney housing estate. Dozens of residents’ cars were completely submerged by the rising floodwater. Homes have also reportedly been damaged as a water pipe burst near Lea Bridge Road. Max Scott-Slade, a resident, has estimated two to three metres of water have surrounded his home and said a car park has been overrun with water. Flats on the first floor appear to be flooded by the huge amount of water and people were looking to “move their records upstairs”, said Mr Scott-Slade. Thames Water have told the Standard a team are working to fix the problem and sort out what must be a “difficult time” for residents. Mr Scott-Slade said he was woken by the noise of a car alarm and when he looked out the window he saw the vehicle “under water with its lights flashing”. Neighbours of his, he said, were trying to battle through the flood with their wellies on, while schoolchildren were braving the journey to school in just their… Read full this story
- A woman dies and race is on to rescue any others trapped as 65-foot crane COLLAPSES onto homes in east London – with neighbour whose house was hit describing impact as 'like an earthquake'
- Back to school! Princess Beatrice teams up with her friend Holly Branson to visit children in east London with the youth charity they founded together
- PE teacher keeps flood-hit youth afloat with free swimming lessons
- Gender and wealth-driven disparities affect Indian children's school performance, says study
- Pedestrian dies after hit-and-run in east London as police search for cyclist
- A Year On from Trojan Horse, British Children Still at Risk of Radicalisation
- School Reverses Hijab Ban for Small Children After ‘Islamophobia’ Accusations
- Inspectors Condemn Rural Schools for Not Being Multicultural Enough
- Hotter than Mexico! Britons flock to beaches, parks and outdoor drinking areas as temperatures hit 82F
- Riot police 'robustly and swiftly' shut down illegal rave attended by hundreds in north London's Finsbury Park and are pelted with a barrage of bricks and bottles
Children wade to school as huge flood hits east London have 363 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Bach Thien. If you want remove this page, please contact us.